Gullickson's

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Princess Mary.....?

This morning Quinn climbed into bed with me a few minutes before 7. He's been in a talk -talk -talk -talk-talk phase lately :) so the rambling began! I can't quite remember how it came up, but all of a sudden he was talking about princess Mary - when asked who she is - he responded he didn't know but that he thought maybe she watches us when we're sleeping - he went on to describe that she was wearing a long pretty dress, and dancing.... I asked him what she looked like, and if she had blonde hair or red...he looked at me quite confidently and said "no Mommy, she has black hair like you, and eyebrows like you too..." as he stroked my hair :) A bit later in the morning he told me she was pretty, and that "she never met me before, and I never met her either!".... so some of you are probably wondering what this is all about...and we aren't really sure...but we don't know of any book/movie with a princess Mary - and have never heard him use the name even in play...nor do we currently know a Mary....still confused? My Grandmother's name that passed away Christmas morning...... Mary..... Now of course this could all be coincidental....but she does/did have black hair, and was strikingly gorgeoous in her youth....and to picture her in a long dress....wouldn't be at all surprising as fashion was her thing...

No way to know...but too closely matched to not acknowledge the very real chance that she has reached out to her great-grandson. What makes this all the more interesting, is that something very similar happened shortly after my Papa died --- with Quinn sounding like he was playing peek-a-boo with someone in his room...not once, but over and over ---- scared me is an understatement.... the next night rocking him, singing a song my papa sang and made up with his first born daughter --- Quinn said "papa" --- we don't call anyone Papa....I brought him to my room without saying a word, gave him my papa's hat, which he smelled and said...."PAPA!!!!!!!!"

What to make of this new "Mary" story.....? I just don't know, but I keep finding a smile creeping across my face, at the wonderful idea that life goes on, we continue to exist, that my Grandma is at peace, and happy....

xxoo genine

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Genine, like I said, I think he has the special gift. He is very sensitive and caring like his mommy. It is too coincidental and I don't believe it is a vivid imagination.

My daddy came to me three times after he died. It felt too real not to be him. He wanted me to know he was still watching over me and happy I was there in his house with mamm mamm.

love you tooooo much - Nonna

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter