Gullickson's

Sunday, February 17, 2008

how is it the middle of Feb. already??? I just can't get over how fast time is going....



So, billy and I are heading to Cali. to visit with Ann and Patty in just over a week! It'll be our first trip without the kids.... Billy is very excited, I am too, but also a bit reserved....i know i'm going to miss them --- and still have the lingering guilt --- especially for Keira as she just doesn't and can't understand. We've been talking to Quinn about it for a while, he can spit back where we're going, and that Grandma/Grandpa and Nona will be watching them while we're gone. Keira is incredibly clingy to me ---- which i love, so it breaks my heart to think of her upset. I'm hoping that out of sight - out of mind to a degree with take over! Tempted to video ourselves for a few minutes to leave for them to view!!!

What we've been up to...

*I take the kids swimming 2x's a week at a family rec. center that has an indoor water play park! It's adorable with fountains, dumping buckets, a waterslide, a lazy river, and zero entry in the shallow end. They both love it --- Keira is getting more and more comforable, and Quinn is advacing his pre-swimming skills ---- he loves to jump forward plunging into the water - full submerges, and attempts to swim a bit underwater! So cute --- the head life guard "Leo" is a sweetheart - older, retired man...who loves kids. He's always taking time to show Quinn a thing or two, high fiving and praising all of his efforts! Kind of reminds me of my grandfather.... :) my papa taught us all how to swim in the pool they had in their backyard for years. On the weekends Billy and I have ventured up together, and take the two of them in the deeper end --- still under 4 ft. but my deeper than the shallow play area. They love jumping off the side to us, and again Quinn loves going under and showing us how good of a swimmer he's becoming! Keira loves to follow suit --- and when mommy let her go under on her jumps she wasn't quite sure what to make of it. After a few times, she came up, caught her breath, and said Daddy! reaching for him to save her from the dunks!!! lol


The weather is still so cold, awaiting Spring - desperately!! We did head out for a walk today - Quinn road his bike as the streets are clear --- and it was cold!!! I hate it...warm weather couldn't come soon enough for me!

Will need to take a quick pic. of them for you to post later! Hope you're all well, happy and healthy!

xxoo genine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter