Gullickson's

Friday, September 15, 2006

Good news so far...

Upper GI test went well today. Keira didn't mind her legs being strapped down, but when they raised her arms over her head and secured them...the crying began. I felt the tears in my eyes, and just kept telling myself it was important to get some definite answers. ( they only let one of us in with her - so I went) She drank the barium without too much difficulty - and they were able to get the pictures they needed in about 15 minutes. The two tech's who did the test were very nice, and the female very nurturing and consoling to Keira. No reflux was seen - but as Dr. Brand and the tech's said - just because it's not seen during the test, doesn't mean it isn't a problem for her. In some ways, it's encouraging that she didn't have an episode, since she's been on the prilosec for 3 days. To me that indicates that her acid levels are down, and things are working. I did see the radiologist briefly, and she indicated that no reflux was seen and that Keira's anatomy is fine...wonderful words to hear. She'll be sending over a full report to Dr. Brand and he is suppose to call us to discuss it tomorrow morning. Overall Keira is seeming more and more settled, sleeping better - and even nursed well on me twice. Yes, I'm breaking the rules. I miss that closeness with her, and my intuition tells me it's ok...I thought I'd try and if she cried or pulled off upset, then of course I would stop. Both feedings went wonderfully. Pumping...well no nice way to say it - SUCKS! And my breasts are not feeling very good - so I'm planning on talking to him about at least a 50/50 - breast/bottle tomorrow. She has a scheduled apt. on Fri. - not sure if he'll want to see her sooner - especially for a weight check. For all of your thoughts and for those of you we've talked with - THANK YOU! Really hoping this was the last bump in the road - we'll let you know what Dr. Brand says tomorrow. One last item - to my family in Rochester - I can't tell you how sad I am to not be able to be at Christine and Mike's reception. I know people understand, especially Chris - but as her and I talked - it still feels awful. Chrisine has always been my "big sister" - someone I idolized growing up ... and still look up to. I was so looking forward to celebrating her wonderful marriage to Mike with her. Thank you again Chris for being so understanding and supportive of us at this time. I love you ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter