Gullickson's

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

wedding week....

just a quick post about our trip to Rochester, and Phil & Michele's beautiful wedding!

The kids and I headed up there on Monday - I picked him up from pre-school and off we went. We stayed with my mom in her beautiful new home :) The kids were excited to see Nona's new house... :)

Tuesday Quinn went for a tux fitting, and later that evening I headed to my dress fitting. My mom kept the kids - and on my way back in town I met up with my Dad and we had a father-daughter date at probably my favorite restaurant... 2 Vine. My Dad and I haven't done that in who knows how long! It was a great evening spent with delish. food and great conversation...thanks again DAD!

Wed. I took the kids on my own to the Senca Park Zoo --- a perfect little zoo for kids their age. I actually bought us a family membership - as we'll be heading up there quite a bit the next few months - and it'll more than pay for itself.

HMMM.... Thursday morning I was treated to seeing Dr. Nicolai...a kineseologist ---- all I can say is incredible. I'd been having a funny crampy/tight pain in my left hand for months...he found a muscle that was "tangled" basically further up my arm...and so far, no more pain! Also, he worked the back of my neck --- which he said was quite a mess :0 --- he actually asked me if I had ever been in a car accident or taken a bad fall .... as I left the office I felt giddy!!! honestly! I kept describing the feeling of a bobble head! everything was so nice and loose, no twinges, no tension, no knots!!!!!!!!! aaggghhh - to see him regularly would be heaven!!! Strongly recommend it!!

Friday - Billy's parents came in to help watch the kids...a huge - huge THANK YOU!!!
Rehersal dinner that night at Hawethorns --- good food, and great company. Quinn did great during the church practice... :)

Sat. - Andrea and I had our hair done, and met up with Michele at her parent's house... Suzanne was finishing Michele's hair....which came out beautifully! Suzanne is a stylist in LA!!! So you can imagine how thrilled we all were to have her with us for touch-ups!! We headed to the church @1'sih...and the ceremony began shortly after... it was such a nice wedding... I loved watching Michele and Phil - their emotions poured from their hearts and eyes... it was incredible. The standard pictures after - and then off to the reception at the Rochester Plaza downtown... great food, dancing and lemonchello shots instead of a champange toast!! very original - and better tasting! Lots of dancing, and laughs throughout the night! The only regret i have is not taking pictures... i wanted to ...but just couldn't mentally handle being in the wedding and lugging my camera which is quite heavy around and having to keep track of it...blah - blah - blah..... sooooooooooo - once I get my hands on some! I will post for you to see. I will be helping Michele and Phil pull some together in a book as I did for Lana and Thad...so I'll have access to them!!!!!!!

Sun. - we got packed up - I made one last trip to visit with my dear Granma Lucy..."MAM-MAM" --- and headed to my Dad's. Our cousin's Joe, Idah and their son Carson were in town from LA ---- and they had a little get together. It was really nice to see them and catch up a bit over the weekend. And of course the food.... well if you know my dad or my family for that matter....it's always incredible...but my Dad has quite a knack for his pizza and homemade sauce...and who could pass up chicken french cooked to perfection??? hhhmmmmm..... yum! I stole some, and took it home with us! lol

---- on a last side note... i tore my Meniscus a few weeks ago....yeah I know crazy.... and when i tell you i didn't do anything...i really didn't - i turned to look at Keira...felt a funny cracking - and then the swelling and pain began that night..... unreal....so off to an orthopedist tomorrow.... guessing they'll say i need surgery...will update you as I get some info!!!!!!!!

xxoo genine

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter